Continued Education Courses Classes Offered
- PA: 14 HOUR MANDATORY FIRST RENEWAL COURSE V4.0 – GENERAL AND RESIDENTIAL MODULES
- INVESTMENT PROPERTY PRACTICE AND MANAGEMENT
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW SCAMS SCOUNDRELS AND REAL ESTATE STRINGS
- INTRODUCTION TO COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SALES
- UNCONSCIOUS BIAS ONLINE VIDEO COURSE V1.0
- LIARS, CHEATERS & THIEVES: AVERTING CLIENT CATASTROPHE
- CE: PROTECTING ELDERS FROM REAL ESTATE SCAMS
- THE CIC PAPER CHASE ONLINE VIDEO COURSE V1.0
- MEDIATE-LITIGATE-ARBITRATE: BE INFORMED ONLINE VIDEO COURSE
- HOUSES: FROM THE GROUND UP ONLINE VIDEO COURSE
- THE TRUTH ABOUT MOLD
- UNDERSTANDING 1031 TAX-FREE EXCHANGES V3.0
- UNDERSTANDING CREDIT AND IMPROVING CREDIT SCORES: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- FAIR HOUSING
- ASSOCIATION ETHICS
- FORECLOSURES, SHORT SALES, REOS, AND AUCTIONS
- BUY, FIX, SELL
- ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN YOUR REAL ESTATE PRACTICE
- BUYER REPRESENTATION IN REAL ESTATE
- SOLVING THE DOWNPAYMENT DILEMMA
- PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND MANAGING RISK
- AVOIDING DECEPTIVE PRACTICES
- REAL ESTATE FINANCE AND TAX ISSUES
- REAL ESTATE FINANCE TODAY
Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act requires real estate brokers and salespersons to complete 14 hours of Commission-approved continuing education during each two-year license period. If you are a new salesperson licensee and you are renewing your license for the first time, you are required to complete a specific set of continuing education courses.
Mandatory CE topics required for the current renewal period can be found here.
Additionally, a licensed broker or salesperson who wishes to activate a license that has been placed on inactive status shall be required to document 14 hours of continuing education. Per Section 35.382(b) of the Regulations, continuing education that is used to reactivate a license cannot be used to renew the license during the same renewal period. An additional 14 hours of continuing education will need to be completed prior to renewal.
Per Section 501(b) of the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act, “Any person who remains inactive for a period of five years without renewing his license shall, prior to having a license reissued to him, submit to and pass the examination pertinent to the license for which the person is reapplying.”
If your license is currently inactive or expired, you have five years from the date of inactivity or expiration to reactivate your license without taking the licensing examinations. Your completed application for reactivation must be received in our office before your five year deadline. A completed application includes the reactivation fee and continuing education certificates. Applications will not be considered complete if they are faxed or emailed, as a fee cannot be submitted in this manner.
Licensees are required to complete 14 hours of Commission-approved continuing education to renew or reactivate their license. Continuing Education courses must be completed through an approved Education Provider and must be approved by the PA Real Estate Commission before the real estate online classes in Pennsylvania are completed in order to be approved for meeting the requirement.
Standard salesperson licensees who are renewing for the first time are required to complete a specific set of continuing education modules.
At the May 3, 2022 meeting of the Real Estate Commission, pursuant to 49 PA Code §35.384(b), the Commission voted to impose a continuing education requirement for the 2022-2024 renewal period. The requirement is that a minimum of 3 (three) hours of the required 14 hours of continuing education must be taken in a topic that covers the responsibilities of the broker and the responsibilities of their licensees in regard to property management, advertising, and general supervision which would include, but not be limited to, commissions and fees.
New licensees who are renewing for the first time are exempt from this one-time requirement, and are still required to complete the mandatory courses for new licensees pursuant to 49 PA Code §35.384(b).